I’ve been making this guacamole healthy recipe for a few years. I adjust the ratio of the ingredients based on what I have available and who is eating it, but I put in some standard amounts for you as a baseline. It’s delicious and goes fast!
Guacamole healthy recipe is my version of fresh guacamole – no powders, or mixes, just fresh ingredients!
Guacamole Healthy Recipe
- Cutting board
- 1 tbsp onion - red or yellow finely chopped
- 1 tsp jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 tomato medium-sized, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 large avocado ripe, roughly mashed, not smooth
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- Add chopped onion, cilantro, tomato and jalapeno to a bowl and mix
- Add roungly smashed avocdo, lime juice and salt. Don't overmix, it tastes better when the avocado is still chucky and not completely smashed
- Taste and adjust ingredients to suit. If I don't have tomato, I just leave it out and it tastes great with or without tomato.
- Enjoy with freshly oven toasted corn tortillas or as a side with burritos or tacos or your favourite sandwich
If you like this recipe, you’ll probably like these ones too;
Both are simple, homemade and delicious!