This recipe is for anyone who loves a good cheese sauce, but wants to focus on plant based eating.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Add more water if you want a thinner consistency.
- It is thicker and doesn’t have the same stringy consistency as real cheese, but has a nice nippy flavour. Let me know what you think of it in the comments below and please feel free to share it.